How can you make sure that people’s views inform your plans for delivering core utility services such as water and energy?
Do you want to build effective partnerships with local stakeholders to deliver environmental improvements and create sustainable communities?
Would you be interested in exploring ways to change customers’ behaviours so that they conserve resources and reduce their impact on the environment?
OPM helps to put the customer and public voice at the heart of decision-making within numerous organisations involved in protecting the environment and building new, customer-focused utilities.
Our work includes helping water companies to engage their customers in the price-setting process, conducting research with residents to inform local environmental strategies, and engaging stakeholders about how local people can create low carbon communities.
We have also conducted comprehensive evaluations and stakeholder engagement exercises for organisations including the Department of Energy and Climate Change and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs into issues ranging from the creation of low carbon communities to the future of food and farming.
Our services include:
- Informing the development of strategic customer engagement strategies
- Planning engagement and communication strategies
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research that sheds light on how different initiatives can help change customers’ behaviours
- Consulting customers or the general public through large and rigorous consultations as part of national planning and regulatory requirements, including online consultations that can reach large numbers of people
- Deliberative research that enables customers to shape business plans and strategies
- Qualitative and ethnographic research that explores the views of disadvantaged customers
- One-off and panel surveys with customers and businesses which informs priority-setting and business planning processes
In addition, with our colleagues in Dialogue by Design, we are able to carry out large scale online public consultations for utilities that ensure customers influence business plans as well as meeting requirements set by regulators.