Making savings – service innovation
Our service reviews can help you to explore new ways to inspire service innovation. We work with you to investigate how to maintain your focus on service users while thinking of more creative ways to achieve savings.
We also make service innovation sustainable by transferring the skills and capability to your organisation – co-producing solutions with your managers and staff to create a valuable internal resource.
We use a variety of approaches to suit your organisation:
- Organisational development: Our vast experience of organisational development can help your senior management and teams explore new ways to approach problem-solving.
- Conventional lean systems: Using the lean evidence-based standards approach to streamline systems costs, reduce waste and improve efficiency.
- Customer journey-mapping: Exploring the potential to redesign a service or join up with other providers, to reshape markets or transfer some responsibility to residents or end-users.
- Change programme: We use techniques to enable leaders and senior managers to think through the challenges of adopting a new approach. If needed, we can help you design and deliver a successful change programme that engages with users, staff and managers to gain buy-in and enlist their help in shaping new service design.
- Equipping staff to deal with change: We transfer learning to your organisation to enable it to support necessary change, by using events, simulations, learning programmes, and a range of creative techniques such as ‘organisational raids’ which allow your teams to learn more about current best practice by visiting other organisations to see what they are doing.