From getting ready to getting going: Our Place learning event
Our Place is an exciting movement about building a movement for change in local communities. Run by Locality, and its delivery partners, including OPM, the project encourages collaborations between citizens, councils and other organisations at a very local level generate new solutions to our biggest local challenges.
On 24 June, OPM, in partnership with Locality and LGA, hosted an event to enable people on the Our Place programme and those who are interested in the programme to share emerging ideas and activities with each other and build networks with some of our partners, Pioneers, Champions and Relationship Managers.
Our Place participants tell us about their projects and hopes for the future
We had some exciting speakers from the Pioneer Neighbourhood Community Budgets Programme, Champions and Relationship Managers. Just to name a few:
- Clair Harvey spoke about how to make governance work from her experiences with ONE Haverhill
- Sarah Castro who spoke about her experiences with Cost Benefit Analysis and Poplar Harca
- Joanne Fearn from The Public Service Transformation Network team and two of their areas, and Judy Flight from West London Alliance spoke of their experiences in their neighbourhoods
- David Alcock, Senior Partner of Anthony Collins Solicitors, spoke about getting the legalities right
- Sue Holloway from Pro Bono Economics, presented Cost Benefit Analysis and answered delegates’ questions
These events set the scene for the next stage of the programme as Our Place areas work towards their Operational Plans, ready for November 2014.