Validating Strategies mini-seminar & book launch
OPM is delighted to invite you to a seminar, panel discussion and book launch where you will hear about Validating Strategies and how it can add real value to your organisation.
Most strategies have minimal impact. However, strategies can be designed and validated so that they do have an impact. Dr Phil Driver’s new book, Validating Strategies, guides you on how to do this.
OPM, with others, has been at the forefront of promoting an outcomes based approach to public services and Validating Strategies gives us an incredibly powerful framework to do this successfully.
This seminar will be hosted by OPM and chaired by Tim Burke from BBC Politics. As well as hearing about Validating Strategies from Phil Driver and becoming infected with his passion for the simplicity and power of Validating Strategies thinking, you will also hear from OPM and other UK partners about their practical experience of using Validating Strategies in their work, e.g. on health, wellbeing, and commissioning etc.
Come and hear:
- Why so many strategies lack impact;
- How to redesign and validate them so that they do have an impact;
- How to connect strategy and project delivery; and
- How to increase the social impact of development projects.
You’ll also get to take part in a mini-workshop showing how Validating Strategies guides the development of a strategy for a current hot topic in the UK.
- Dr Phil Driver, the author of Validating Strategies
- Jonathan Norman from Gower, the publisher of Validating Strategies and many other strategy and management books
- Practitioners and strategists who are developing and validating strategies in complex UK situations using the Validating Strategies approach
We look forward to seeing you there, and in the meantime, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Munira Thobani at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 239 7865.